When you decide to take your next career step, write out your personal and professional goals to see if they align. The following questions can help you clarify your objectives:
- Why are you in the field in which you are currently working?
- Are your talents and personality traits being fully utilized?
- Are continuing education and training high priorities where you work?
After you have answered these questions, take the following next steps:
- Career management. Take control of your life by taking positive steps to achieve your objectives.
- Support. Be sure that your family endorses your choices. You’ll be able to move faster when an offer is tendered. We will speak directly with your spouse when discussing relocation to ensure he/she is fully committed.
- Networking. Your career network should include friends, current and former colleagues, vendors, industry contacts, recruiters, teachers and classmates.
- Skills. Today’s economic environment is constantly changing. Make sure your skills are up-to-date.